2010/03/24

My yoga journey

にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ カナダ情報へ にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログへ
応援お願いします☆ポチっと押してください♪♪
Thank you!

It's been a while since I wrote my blog in English. Here is for my ex-students to practice reading!;)

It's been over a week since the yoga teacher training ended. I had a whole weekend to myself for the first time in a few months last weekend. I just missed doing asana practice with my fellow yogis!! I just missed my fellow yogis so much!! It was just weird not having YTT...

So I had a whole day to myself on Saturday. I woke up and had breakfast with someone. Then I did my laundry and cleaned my room. I dust everything and even wiped the floor! Then I got a haircut! I love my hairdresser in Japan so I didn't want other hairdresser to cut my hair! But this hairdresser I had on Saturday was pretty good! She asked what kind of hair colour I like and what I usually do with my hair. I usually say "You can do whatever you want! Just make sure I look good!" but she wanted to know my preference. I thought that was really nice. She also knew my hair could be a little curly and very thick so she did a great job cutting and colouring my hair! I was pretty happy with it! And it's easy to style it now! haha love it!

Anyways, I did nothing relating to yoga last weekend. (I did a little bit of home practice though!) Today, I went to my favourite teacher's yoga class. Her name is Sjanie. She is an Anusara inspired teacher and is an amazing teacher! She was such an inspiring person and I decided to take YTT because of her. Everytime I take her class, I just feel like...."I LOVE YOGA!" I don't really get this feelings with other teachers classes, but when I take her class, I just want to scream to the world how great yoga is.

Her class was physically hard as usual but also it was just inspiring! This time I kinda watched how she teaches as well. She was just amazing. Sometimes she put too much information about one posture but she pushes you to go deeper! I love it! I'm not good at telling how to feel the energy and look inner-self and those things so it was a great opportunity to see how other teachers do those things.

On my way home, I just realized that my yoga journey just has began. I'm not doing yoga just for fun anymore. It's something that absolutely necessary in my life. Yoga is unity. Yoga is harmonization. By doing yoga, I can find peace within myself. I'm not doing things I've expected to do in Vancouver now. My work is super stressful and I've been having health problems sometimes. But by doing yoga, I can survive. I'm lucky to find something I'm really into other than work right now. And YTT was just an incredible life changing experience.

I still miss my fellow yogis and having YTT every weekend. But honestly, somewhere inside of me says "I'm so relieved." Through YTT, I faced my fear, weakness, and all those negative things about myself. I was having hard time accepting them, but now I can accept them and by accepting them, I can love myself more and more.

Sigh, yoga is great. I heart yoga.

No comments: